Friday, May 9, 2014

#Laterpost: Tilly in Philly

Hi, guys!  These are pictures from the first leg of our trip.  We left Boston on March 28th and took about a week to travel down the east coast to Virginia.  One of the stops I was most excited about was Philly!  Unfortunately, stopping and finding parking in a large city is kind of difficult when you have a giant RV and a car (who knew?) so we spent half of our time finding a parking spot for Tilly and the other half trying to find a parking spot for the Ivory Chariot (my car, which will stay at my parents' until we get settled in California).  Neither of us had been to Philly before, and we didn't know our way around, so we got lost in a couple not-so-great neighborhoods in the process.  I wanted more than anything to see the Liberty Bell, but there was no parking within a reasonable distance, so I settled for a quick dinner at a Belgian restaurant called Eulogy Tavern, and then on to the next stop.  That actually ended up being the best meal I've had on the trip so far.  So screw you, Libery Bell.
The cute street where we finally found a spot for my car.
Josh got this cool Scottish beer that he really enjoyed.
A tuna sandwich that was the size of my face.  I dream about this sandwich periodically.  I will have it again someday.
After we left Philly, we spent 2 nights glamping at the Philadelphia KOA.  We stayed in the RV section (of course) and we were the youngest people there by about 30 years.  Ol' Tilly looked a little haggard next to all of the shiny new campers that were manufactured in the current millenium, but we still love her.  I took a few pictures of our campsite on my phone, but soon after, my phone crashed and I lost them.  We spent our time there relaxing, drinking local beers, and rearranging Tilly's interior.  Then, we roasted veggie hot dogs over a campfire and ate them by candlelight.
You can still be romantic in the woods surrounded by RVs that are nicer than yours.
Hope you are all having a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...